Tuesday, February 06, 2007

6th February....
Electricity Sir???? Well Yes please...Its been some time waiting!!!!!

The guys came to 'joint' the cable which was laid under the road last week.
'Where's the meter gong ?' one asked
'Well it can go anywhere really, as far as I'm concerned' I replied
'Well, the duct is in the wrong place.....if the control box is here ( he points to the wall), then the duct should be here' ( he points to immediately below)
'What are the options ' I asked and explored every one (except the one which meant them getting into their vans and disappearing for ever)
After much debate I phoned the Huf electrician......
They concede after some humming and pulling faces at me they agreed that it could go above the duct........and they started drilling.......Hooray!!!!!!!
Next day was the EDF meter man.........
'If your husband isn't here in five minutes, Ill be gone' he was saying to my wife on the telephone back home, as I drove up.
'Well, I'll have to check the earthing and what the electrician has done in the house first' he said
'There's a problem with the earthing' he was muttering as he returned five minutes later.
I pointed out the earthing positions in the plant room and he still wasn't satisfied. I phoned the HUf electrician again and left him to explain the layout.
'I'll have to phone my manager to get approval' the EDF man said after a while.
And I waited with baited breath as he had this long conversation with the Guv'ner at the other end.
'Yes its a Huf Haus' he said....oh, that expalins everything I guess, because he came off the phone saying that it would be OK, BUT only just, and some additional work would be needed.............OK, Fine, I'll agree to anything......just get that meter in!!!!!!!!
So, after a wait of four months , we have a meter, and only after some hounding the poor girls on the call centres......if I hadn't phoned.....how much longer would I be waiting.
Oh, and we connected to the sewer in the road, and the man from Southern Water said it was fine.
Oh, and the tilers arrived and started work immediately. White small mosaic tiles in the bathrooms and grey tiles elswhere.
Oh and the carpet arrived, in a very large German lorry mit trailer. Trouble is some of the carpet is the wrong colour. Compared to all the other problems that has to be a minor one, after all its just a question of getting some more from the manufacturer in Frankfurt and taking it a few hundred miles.......
Isn't it amazing?....we have elctricity!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ric Capucho said...

Bravo on the electrickery front, Mr Salmon. A massive leap in your fortunes. Looks like we're neck and neck again, 'cos our tilers also arrived this week. Next week the parquet arrives, and barring last minute hiccups (wrong wood, etc) they should be nailed down in two weeks. All's well in the world, eh?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home