Tuesday, March 20, 2007




20th March 07


1 week to move in!!!!


Its been a busy few days.....since our elderly kitchen fitter (who didn't know one end of a mid height unit from another) had left.....I've been quite busy!!!!


The kitchen is now in place. The units are placed where they should be on the plan and the appliances placed in their respective places and now await the arrival of the worktop gang.


They arrive on Thursday morning, and, as I am working that day, I have to leave it to Pam to ensure we get what we want. Should be interesting......

They accurately measure the surface and then head off to the hinterland to fabricate a quartz worktop which has shards of mirror embedded. ( This was the thing that sold it to the wife!!!)

They return ten days later with a fabulous worktop which will last a lifetime or quite possibly a lot longer..... and its more expensive than Corian or Granite....but it looks nice!!!
We had some prospective Huf clients arrive the other day.....they will be building in Surrey with a design not dissimilar to ours. We gave our advice gratis.....we should charge for these in the future!!!!!
Lights are still some days away....like Ric in Switzerland ( see link ) I have around 45 lights to connect. My friend Peter came the other day to put some in the lounge where I have now erected my Poul Cadovious Cado wall system. Very 70's, but the Rosewood goes great with the White and Black.
That's the thing isn't it.....I could be puttin up lights, which would be really useful for when we move in....but what do I do???? Put up my Cado Wall system !!!! It will look really great with the fickering of candles next to it. And, tippin' up to bed with my night light......I'll pobably burn the place down!.....still. in this life you've got to do what you want to do!!!!!
Oh , and I forgot to complete the BT connection, so, when we move in we will not have any telephone!!!!! or internet !!!! probably for some weeks.
I have to get the TR6 and 136 boxes in the Garage next week, the rest of the gubbings goes in the various rooms.....should be fun!!!!!!




1 Comments:

Blogger Ric Capucho said...

Yoohoo, Mr Bob! Wherefore art thou?

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home