Tuesday, February 27, 2007




27th February 2007

Underfloor manifolds!!!
Bathrooms being finished.....

And we can't fit any more vans on the drive!!!!




Ok so we've got two days to go, but this activity is manic!!!!




Monday morning Baz came to bulldoze the gravel at the front so we could get some vehicles into the drive. One Bright Huf Huas green van turned up (having started his journey at 3am in Germany), and then another turned up half an hour later.


So,we have a chippy and a plumber ( 2 big green Huf Haus Vans) and then later in the day (obviously a bit of a lie in) the cleaner/windowcleaner turned up in another van from Germany , then today we had Colin the electrician in another van and then the kitchen units arrived in a very large lorry. I was regretting using my car driving from one side of the village to the other with all these vans parked everywhere, and then some of the neighbours tried to drive past to get to their houses.! It's so inconsiderate...why don't they walk!!!!




Anyway over the weekend I finally got the BT cable through under the house and (importantly) out the other side and then yesterday I diverted the water from the stand pipe into the house, having first checked with the plumber that it was safe to do so. He could have just been fitting a tap in the bathroom at the time and then the place would have flooded............so, we are all systems GO !!!! If you elect to be project manager you have to be prepared to get your hands really dirty from time to time.

The kitchen units look formidable!!!! There's at least ten pieces to go with each pre-assembled unit and there is no way my UK chippy man (who retired 25 years ago) will be able to carry all that stuff upstairs into the kitchen, let alone put it together!!! I'm not working till Thursday next week so I can lend a helping hand!!! I'm sure I will have to help him along, and, between the two of us , I'm sure we'll work it all out......

The appliances arrive tomorrow, so I'll probably walk to the site to reduce the vehicle congestion and I've been warned to expect a 'technical handover' from the plumber who can explain what all these levers and knobs do down in the plant room. We have underfloor heating manifold (see piccy) on each floor (presumably they will cover this up with something) .
Each time I come here I can't wait to take my wellies off , just to experience that heat between the toes!!!!

I've arranged my last stage payment to Huf Haus....that's cleaned out the piggy bank. I have to say its been worth every penny so far......they have been great!!! Not Cheap but great!! Ontime...to the day.....and quality like I've never experienced before!!!


We still have the ground work to do....It is just so wet everywhere it would be madness to get a big machine in and start pushing the soil around.....we have a month before we finally move in...so somebody pray for fine weather !!!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home