Wednesday, November 22, 2006





5 Days to go

The house is due next Monday 27th November!!!!

We are backfilling around the structure at the moment. Andy and I are meeting Volker again this afternoon for him to check that everything is ready for the team to arrive on Monday.

He wants a better electricity supply........I will have to augment that with a generator as we are currently using our neighbours' (Dane and Louise's), oh yes with their agreement!!!

He also needs the crane to sit half on the site and half on the road and reminds me that any delay that the crew incur as a result of my poor preparation will result in charges at 1000 euros an hour!!!!...........Nice!!!! But we will have good preparation so that will not be a problem!

Now I had perhaps expected a somewhat different kind of approach to a customer who is paying £400,000 for this contract to erect a 'second little piggy's house'...but is it just me???? On the other hand if the guys can't work because we have left them a soggy base to put their crane, perhaps it is more understandable.

That aside, all the arrangements will be in place and we have warned the neighbours of further possible disruption next week. It was incredibly bad timing, but we have the Annual General Meeting of the Residents Association on Saturday when all my future ( and recently inconvenienced ) neighbours will be there, so I expect to be thrown into the stocks and will probably miss the arrival of the house on Monday!!

You really MUST read Ric Capucho's blog (there is a link on this page) as this week he has been watching his white Huf Haus being put up in Switzerland. Ours is Black and White but very similar and I do hope he hasn't delayed the team at all this week....otherwise there's a charge......I wonder whether the charge is the same in Switzerland as it is in England???

I now have to chase the utlity companies to get them moving into gear.

I'll post lots next week....It's when the action really starts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home