Monday, September 01, 2008






Its 1st September 2008




I guess most gardens have some plants in them don't they?


After being here for over a year and really only seeing mud it was quite exciting to go off to the Nursery to find plants.


The lawn keeps growing and needing frequent cutting. Its particularly dangerous negotiating the 45 degree slope down to the drive, so I need another machine, steel toe capped boots in case of a slip under the mower or preferably contract out the mowing to someone more agile!


The plants look great and we are currently filling up the areas adjacent to the house with white pebbles. It all very monochrome.


We've got the fencing going in next week and then that's it......look for another plot perhaps and do it all over again???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Afternoon,
Please forgive the unsolicited email, I am afraid I am resorting to desperate measures by contacting people directly, as my deadline is pending!
My name is Rhiann and I am a final year Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying Student, currently doing research for my dissertation.
I am interested in building my own house in the future and view it as an opportunity to fully research all the various factors that need to be taken account of when deciding to build.
My research aim is to investigate which method of self build; a prefabricated house or a traditional brick and block house, provides the best value over the six key areas of Cost, Time, Design, Quality, Environmental Impact and Finance.
To achieve this I need to contrast information from self builders with actual experience, because as far as I can tell there are no comparison studies like this available.
If you would be willing to participate in a case study please drop me an email on rys7@yahoo.com, and I will supply you with all the details before you finally agree, essentially I will need to interview you about your project.
Apologies again for the intrusion,
Rhiann

6:08 AM  
Blogger H said...

Hey!
Congrats on the house!
I'm thinking of getting a Huf Haus myself, they look great!
Any idea of the average per square foot build cost?
How easy or hard is it to really find a piece of land that you can secure planning permission on?
Any advice will be much appreciated.
Regards,
Haz

4:21 PM  
Blogger H said...

sorry forgot to mention, feel free to email me on hasansaleem86@gmail.com :)

4:22 PM  
Blogger James @ TSBG said...

Hi Bob,

Great house! I too am a big fan of the Huf.

Your Landscape Architects did a fantastic job with the garden design. It complements the house perfectly.

Any chance of an updated post on Huf living so far?

All the best,

James

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home